BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Poem

I have a rash on my face that won't go away. I memorized a poem.
Natures first green is gold,
her hardest hue to hold,
her early leafs a flower
but only so an hour
then leaf subsides to leaf
so eden sank to grief
so dawn goes down to day
nothing gold can stay.

Stay gold Ponyboy, stay gold. It's from the Outsiders. I like it. I had a concert today which went well all except our last song which was totally messed up. They were playing panic at the disco and my chemical romance when I got to the concert. the orchestra kids got to stay at school and have a party. Then we had practice at Mrs. Bass's house. Nobody was home but we could go in and practice. She came later. Isabel was in Utah last week but was at school today! finally. I'm singing at high school graduation. For make-up work because I missed a concert for choir. we're singing For Good. My fave song from Wicked. i am getting braces monday but they delay alot so might not. kira said she was getting braces a month ago but they had to do more wires more pulling on her teeth and so on. i hope it doesn't hurt. not likely. Sierra is going to read Twilight. I saw another girl reading it and hugging it.

9 comments:

Christie said...

Read poetry by Lord Byron-it's absolutely stunning. The Prisoner of Chillon is one of my favorites, and there are some really hilarious shorter ones, too.

I have several friends reading Twilight who can't put it down. One of these days I may succumb. :)

cassie[carnivore] said...

macall braces might not hurt the day you get them,but wait until the next day and they'll hurt.just eat a bunch of food so your mouth will get used to it.

don't read it christie.i can't see you reading it.

Michele said...

Hey MaCall, The Outsiders - tres bon! What size t-shirt so you wear?

Anonymous said...

an extra small in womens

Christie said...

Cassie, have you given up on me reading Twilight? Where's your sense in perseverance?

MaCall, Cassie's right. Gum helps, too. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

i'm seeing wicked the day after braces

cassie[carnivore] said...

ouch.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful poem. That made my heart happy. I love nature... and a good poem.

Best of luck with the singing. Is it a solo or with the choir?

Anonymous said...

it was with the choir