BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Chasing Redbird


This is one of my fave books. I love all of Sharon Creech's books. They are great. She also wrote Walk 2 Moons, Absolutely Normal Chaos, Granny Torelli Makes Soup, Bloomability, Heart Beat, Ruby Holler... All great books. Chasing Redbird is about a girl named Zinnia Taylor who finds a trail and restores it. Throughout the book she is trying to get over her Aunt's death and trying to sort out Jake Boone, a boy who really likes her which she is confused and scared because alot a boys have gone through her to get her sister May who everyone likes. May's torked when Jake always brings Zinny presents and not her. She makes up the excuse that he is shy. It is a great book. Read it. Yesterday was my concert at the Bus Stop. It is resteurant in Running Springs. It's really nice despite it's name. A girl at my school, Jeanine's mom own's it. My quartet played there for an hour maybe? We got payed $25 each. We each put $5 each into the quartet account though. We will buy matching outfits and stands later. My teacher Mrs. Klopfer who teaches Social studies was in chartge of it. She does a book sale at The Bus Stop every so often so she got us to play. I spent my 20 that day. I lent mom 10 to buy a wagon thing and then I bought Chasing Redbird, Everything is Illluminated and a book with pictures of food in it. Kind of a waste of money but oh well. I hope I get the $10 back...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

its johnny depp's birthday tomorrow!He's my fave actor. i love him. he's 45 :)

Potters said...

Now you won't get the money back...if you don't trust me.;P

Christie said...

I love Sharon Creech! Didn't she write "The Wanderer"? "Bloomability" was one of my favorites when I was your age.

Anonymous said...

tyhe wanderer is great.